Review: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

1/28/2015
image
I've got this palette as soon as it launch, and the first holiday palette that I purchase. I love the hourglass product since it is nano particle free. I haven't really touch it until early January. I would say this is the most flattering powder blush that I ever tried. It give a nice glow finish to your skin without the awkward Edward's glitter. I would get the other color, if they were on sale. Read the review>>

image
What it is? according to description written in sephora website:

"A groundbreaking hybrid that combines the customized lighting effects of Ambient Lighting Powder with a spectrum of breathtakingly modern hues for seamless, soft-focus, and multidimensional color"

For me it is a cheek color with ambient lighting powder mix in it create a beautiful marble motif on the pan, and supposed to give your cheek a nice flushed and glow yet it still look natural. 
This Palette has 3 colors:
Luminous Flush : Champange Rose
Incadecent Electra : Cool Peach
Mood Exposure : Soft Plum

image

First thought:
The packaging is sleek and compact, travel friendly. When I first got it I try and swatch it on my arm, the color wasn't show up really well. It has similar finish like ambient lighting powder, it has shine but not shimmery or glittery.

image

To apply the blush I use Real technique blush brush (pink handle brush), when I apply it on my cheek, it has a nice natural cheek color with a satin/sheen finish. The finish make your cheek look more pop, compare to traditional blush that look flat. I use luminous flush in daily basis. Sometimes I wear like all of them I'll use luminous flush on the apple of the cheek, and then I'll use incandescent electra as to blur the outer ring of luminous flush making an ombre cheek color. the last I use mood exposure in the cheek bone as a shading. I would say that how had hand you are you would hardly ever overdo with this blush. This blush is great for a natural look. This blush might need a touch up after

Final Verdict:
I'm obsess with this blush! there's no way that this blush look overdo on my face. It gives a nice super subtle and natural flushed color on the cheek. It has the ambient lighting powder mix with the color give a nice shine finish without the overly over shimmer or glittery Edward style. It looks really nice in photo. 
Sadly, In light to medium skin tone, the only color that shown on cheek really well is  
It is worth the splurge, for 58 USD you got 3 colors. They no longer available in sephora. But some online shop still sell them.

Read about the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette here.

Where to buy this? read here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...