Acne Patches Review

6/13/2014

This isn't a new trend in Asia, we use some kind of transparent sticker to cover pimple. I also love to use this method to help to make the pimple disappear. The idea is, it would cover the pimples and limited the contact with the harmful environment (dust, bacteria etc. all those things that would make the pimple worse). By cutting all those contact the pimple could heal faster. You could easily found one in mini market (Indomaret) or drug stores (Nexcare). I found many korean brand (Etude House, Missha, Innisfree, Skin food etc.) also have this kind of product. I've try 4 different brand, and I'd like to share my thought about this product with you.
 

Why I love this sticker?

This sticker isn't just some ordinary sticker/ transparent tape. It's also has all those ingredient to help the acne heals faster. like the one from etude house the use many natural ingredient like tea tree, garlic, papaya and many more. it also help the benzoyl peroxide contact with hair and cloth (since benzoyl peroxide would bleach them). Plus this sticker protect the pimple from my hand (which is probably full of bacteria, dust and oil).

How I use it:

1. I wash my face until it squeaky clean.
2. Then I'll continue moisturize my face.
3. After the moisturizer, sometimes I'll use some topical acne cream like benzoyl peroxide 5% or erytromycin 2%
4. Then I'll blot some excess oil with film paper.
5. Start to stick it, covering the pimple.
6. let it sit for at least 6 hours before remove.
------------------------------------------------------------
So here some patches that I've been trying:



1. Nexcare Acne Cover (28 000 IDR)


This one could easily found in mini market (contain less patches and cheaper than price listed above) and drug store in Indonesia. Unlike the other brand it just a plain hydro colloid dressing. It contain 12 8mm patches and 6 12 mm patches.

I like it because....
it's easy to find and works quite well in  absorb the oil. there's some kind of  statisfaction looking at the clear patches turn white after absorb the oil.

I don't like it because....
the dimension, it thick and doesn't stick very well. If I wear it during the day, it's super noticeable since it's thick. But when I wear it during the sleep (night time), it will dislocated and fall every where since it doesn't stick well.

------------------------------------------------------------


2. Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink powder Spot Patch (48 000 IDR)


It came from The AC Clinic line. I read many good reviews on this line and last time my sister mention how this one help her popped pimple scar heals faster. It has many natural ingredient like winter green berry, Japanese cypress, tea tree, papaya, garlic, thyme, rosemary, eucalyptus, perilla seed and many more. It contain 3 size, 6 6mm patches, 8 10 mm patches and 2 12 mm patches.


I like it because....
it's stick really well and thin. I wasn't really noticeable. More over those natural ingredient does help the pimple heals faster.

I don't like it because....
it stick a little too well, when I removed I could see some hair pulled together. Which is actually bad since it might pull your skin layer and make it more irritate. Plus after a while the patch kind of melt and the edge curled.

------------------------------------------------------------


3. The Face Shop Spot Clear Intensive Patch (36 000 IDR)


Unlike the one from etude house it has less ingredient. But it has key ingredient to fight bacteria like salicylic acid and tea tree oil. It contain 12 patches 6 10 mm and 6 12 mm.

I like it because....
It stick okay and after hours it' doesn't change much physically. All the size just fit my pimple fine, the bigger one I'll cut the in two. And the most important it works effectively heal the pimple.

I don't like it because....
sometimes the bigger size just to big.

------------------------------------------------------------

 4. Missha Blemish Clear patch Somaderm Spot S

It has 24 patches, 9 12 mm, 5 10 mm, and 10 7mm. It much more thicker than Etude House and The Face shop, but more thinner than nexcare. I couldn't find info about the ingredient and I couldn't read Hangul. They are pretty much like the one from nexcare, only thinner and stay in place better.





I like it because....
It not too thick like Nexcare, it stay well on targeted area and works really well absorb the liquid from popped pimple.

------------------------------------------------------------
Tips:
  • If the patch are too sticky, and you force to remove it, you'll end up irritate your skin. You could wet the patch until it gets less sticky, then removed it.
  • Sometimes the patch size is ridiculously big, just take a clean scissor and cut the into small pieces.
  • I would use thicker patch (Missha and Nexcare) which are less sticky on a popped pimple. It would help to absorb the liquid and protect the area from bacteria, dust ect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...